Single lane alternating traffic (SLAT) will be introduced between Philip and Bowser Avenues, effective September 27. See map below for location.
This temporary traffic pattern change is required to provide equipment access to the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project construction area on the south side of West 1st Street.
What to expect:
- Single lane alternating traffic on West 1st Street, between Philip Avenue and Bowser Avenue, will be in operation, as and when needed, during the following weeks:
- September 27 to October 1
- October 18 to 22
- October 25 to 29
- This traffic pattern change is required to ensure the safety of road users and workers as critical construction work is performed.
- During the peak traffic periods of 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.; and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., one lane of traffic in each direction will be reinstated.
- Traffic control personnel will be coordinating the single lane alternating traffic through the West 1st Street and Philip Avenue intersection.
- Road users are asked to use caution while travelling the area, and obey road signs and traffic control personnel.
- Traffic delays are anticipated. We appreciate the community’s patience as we complete this essential work.
- Access to businesses will be maintained and utilities will not be affected during this work.
This work is weather dependent, with timelines subject to change. The project team will provide updates through the website and email, as required.
West 1st Street, between Pemberton and Phillip Avenues:
Single Lane Alternating Traffic will also continue on an as-needed basis on West 1st Street, between Pemberton Avenue and Phillip Avenue, until mid-October.
If you have any questions about the work described in this notification, or to sign up for Project updates, please contact the Project’s Community Liaison Officer at 604-928-7810 or email@example.com.
North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project