Single lane alternating traffic on West 1st Street will be in effect east of Philip Avenue from April 8 to 13, 2021. This temporary traffic pattern change is required for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project pipe connections across West 1st Street.
What to expect:
- Single lane alternating traffic on West 1st Street, between Philip Avenue and Pemberton Avenue will be in effect starting 9:00 a.m. April 8 until approximately 6:00 a.m. on April 13.
- This traffic pattern is required to ensure safety of road users and workers as critical pipe connections are installed.
- To reduce the amount of time single lane alternating traffic is required, crews will complete less noisy work such as welding, testing and maintenance for this component during nighttime hours.
- During peak traffic periods of 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.; and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., one lane of traffic in each direction will be reinstated.
- Traffic control personnel will be coordinating the single lane alternating traffic through the West 1st Street and Philip Avenue intersection.
- Road users are asked to use caution while travelling the area, obey road signs and traffic control personnel.
- Traffic delays are anticipated. We appreciate the community’s patience as we complete this essential work.
- Access to businesses will be maintained and utilities will not be affected during this work.
This work is weather dependent, with timelines subject to change. The project team will provide updates through the website and email as required.
Additional information about work on West 1st Street will be provided in an update in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions about the work described in this letter, or to sign up for Project updates, please contact the Project’s Community Liaison Officer at 604-928-7810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.