The North Shore Wastewater Plant Project (the Project) is working closely with Metro Vancouver and the District of North Vancouver (DNV) to identify opportunities to mitigate construction-related impacts to the community, while continuing to advance this essential regional infrastructure.
As part of this initiative, the Project applied for and has received conditional approval from the District of North Vancouver (DNV) to work extended hours between February 22, 2021 and February 1, 2022 for the construction activities described below. Working extended hours will help mitigate traffic disruption in the area during busy peak hours, and will improve the safety for workers and the travelling public by completing critical work on West 1st Street during off-peak hours. Working extended hours will also help to reduce the overall amount of time that the Project will be working on West 1st Street.
What to expect:
- Activities that are expected to take place outside of regular bylaw hours include:
- Offsite pipe installation on West 1st Street including excavations, stockpiling materials on site, pipe installation and welding.
- Rebar installation, welding and equipment movement.
- Formwork installation.
- Concrete pour preparations and curing.
- When in effect, extended hours will allow the Project to work 24 hours a day, Mondays to Saturdays (Note: work on Sundays and holidays is not permitted).
- All equipment on the site and on West 1st Street, including pumps and generators will be monitored to ensure they are operating within allowable noise levels. (Note: the Project has also hired BKL Consultants Ltd to monitor construction noise levels.)
- Please note, this approval does not permit any noisy work that would generate high decibel noise levels.
- All other construction activities will take place during regular construction hours of 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays.
We will continue to provide updates on construction activities, noisy work and traffic changes as they become available. Please note that the Project is working closely with Metro Vancouver to provide an update on Project timelines. We appreciate the community’s patience as we move forward with this essential project.
If you have any questions or concerns about the work described in this notice, or to sign up for Project updates, please contact the Project’s Community Liaison Officer at 604-928-7810 or email@example.com.