The North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project (the Project) is implementing extended work hours to complete preparatory work and maintenance activities in advance of pipe installation at the Philip Avenue and West 1st Street intersection. Please see the map below for location details. Extended hours are anticipated to be in effect until mid-December 2020 between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., Monday to Saturday.
What to expect:
- Activities that will take place during extended hours include welding, testing, maintenance and preparation for the following days activities.
- Noise levels are anticipated to be consistent with current daytime activities in the intersection.
- Nighttime work will not include any piling or hydrovac activities.
- While nighttime work is restricted to quieter activities, some adjacent businesses may experience a modest increase in noise related to this work, which is another consideration for scheduling it when many of the nearby businesses are closed.
- The Project team does not anticipate any impacts to existing utilities related to this work.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Existing traffic patterns will be in place throughout this work, and road users are requested to exercise caution while in the area and follow the directions of traffic control personnel and road signs.
The Project has received approval from the District of North Vancouver to implement extended work hours to reduce construction impacts to the travelling public and local businesses where possible. Additional details about the components of pipe installation along West 1st Street will be available in the coming weeks.
We appreciate your patience as we complete this work. If you have any questions about the work described in this letter, or to sign up for Project updates, please contact the Project’s Community Liaison Officer at 604-928-7810 or email@example.com.