Further to our notice on September 24, the next concrete pour that requires extended hours is scheduled to take place on Thursday, October 22 from 7 a.m. to Friday, October 23 at 4 a.m.
This is part of a series of pours required for the digesters (cylindrical concrete structures at the west end of the site) that require additional time for concrete placement.
What to expect:
- Concrete delivery and placement (target timing: 7 a.m. October 22 to 4 a.m. October 23)
- One to two concrete trucks per hour
- Concrete will be pumped from the trucks as they enter the site
- Curing and protection (target timing: 4 a.m. to 5 a.m. October 23)
- Crews will then cure and protect the concrete with small equipment and hand tools
- Work will be contained to the site
- No anticipated noise effects related to this work
Trucks will be instructed to reduce idling wherever possible and access to businesses will be maintained at all times. All other Project construction activities will take place during regular working hours.
In the case of extreme weather or circumstances beyond the Project’s control, this work may be rescheduled. If rescheduled, we will provide updates through email and our website.
Additional concrete pours that require extended working hours may be required through to the end of 2020 and will be communicated in advance.
We appreciate your patience as we complete this work. If you have any questions about the work described in this letter, or to sign up for Project updates, please contact the Project’s Community Liaison Officer at 604-928-7810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.