This notice is to provide an update of dates and times for upcoming concrete pours. The North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project successfully completed the pour on Friday, September 11 and have rescheduled two of the upcoming pours. The next extended hours pours will occur Monday, September 21 and Wednesday, September 23 from 2 a.m. to 9 p.m., with the following sequence:
- Site prep work (target timing: 1 a.m. to 2 a.m.)
- Crews will clean and prepare the area
- This work must be done immediately before concrete arrives to ensure integrity of the structure
- Minimal noise, no traffic disruption
- Concrete delivery and placement (target timing: 2 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Concrete will be pumped from the trucks as they enter the site
- Trucks staged in the centre turning lane on West 1st Street
- Some traffic disruption from trucks turning – traffic control personnel and road signs will be in place to safely direct all traffic in the area
- Curing and protection (target timing: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Crews will then cure and protect the concrete with small equipment and hand tools
- Work will be contained to the site
- No anticipated noise or traffic disruption
Trucks will be instructed to reduce idling wherever possible and access to businesses will be maintained at all times. All other Project construction activities will take place during regular working hours.
In the case of extreme weather, or circumstances beyond the Project’s control, this work may be rescheduled. Notice will be distributed via email once dates are confirmed.
We appreciate your patience as we complete this work. If you have any questions about the work described in this notice, or to sign up for Project updates, please contact the Project’s Community Liaison Officer at 604-928-7810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.