This notice is to inform you of upcoming concrete pours, required for construction of the digesters and foundation of the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project (the Project). Over the next six weeks the Project will complete four pours during extended working hours. These pours will take place on available Thursdays and/or Fridays from approximately 2 a.m. to 9 p.m, with prep work starting the evening before.
Anticipated pour dates are September 11, 17, 18 and October 1. In the case of extreme weather, or circumstances beyond the Project’s control, this work may be rescheduled. Notice will be distributed via email should these dates extend beyond October 16.
The process is time-sensitive, with concrete mix produced at the batch plant and immediately transported to the site for pouring before it begins to cure. To maintain site safety and distancing protocols, this work will be completed during extended hours where when other work is reduced on site. For these reasons, the Project has received approval from the District of North Vancouver to complete this work outside of regular hours.
What to expect:
Concrete pours will follow the following process:
- Site prep work (target timing: 8 p.m. day before – 2 a.m. day of)
- Crews will clean, cover and regulate the temperature of the area
- This work must be done immediately before concrete arrives to ensure integrity of the structure
- Minimal noise, no traffic disruption
- Concrete delivery and placement (target timing: 2 a.m. to 4 p.m. day of)
- Concrete will be pumped from the trucks as they enter the site
- Trucks staged in the centre turning lane on West 1st Street
- Some traffic disruption from trucks turning – traffic control personnel and road signs will be in place to safely direct all traffic in the area
- Additional time may be required depending on the size and location of the pour
- Curing and protection (target timing: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. day of)
- Crews will then cure and protect the concrete with small equipment and hand tools
- Work will be contained to the site
- No anticipated noise or traffic disruption
Trucks will be instructed to reduce idling wherever possible and access to businesses will be maintained at all times. All other Project construction activities will take place during regular working hours.
We appreciate your patience as we complete this work. If you have any questions about the work described in this notice, or to sign up for Project updates, please contact the Project’s Community Liaison Officer at 604-928-7810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.