The North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project (the Project) is completing the watermain installation at the Philip Avenue and West 1St Street intersection over two nights this week – Thursday, August 27 and Friday, August 28 between the hours of 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. Completing this work at night when traffic volumes are lower minimizes the impacts to road users and local businesses.
What to expect:
- Work crews will prepare connections for the watermain installation by creating a small trench across the road, installing pipe and restoring the road for daytime traffic
- Single lane alternating traffic on West 1st Street will be in effect for east and westbound traffic through the Philip Avenue intersection
- Philip Avenue, north of West 1st Street to Welch Street will be closed to through traffic and as a result turning restrictions will be in place. Access to Welch via Garden Ave will be maintained
- We ask that road users exercise caution while in the area and follow the directions of traffic control personnel and road signs
- While nighttime work is restricted to quieter activities, some adjacent businesses may experience a modest increase in noise related to this work, which is another consideration for scheduling it when many of the nearby businesses are closed
- Nighttime work will not include any piling or hydrovac activities
- The Project team does not anticipate any impacts to existing utilities related to this work
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times
As work progresses, the Project team may require additional extended hour work periods to address safety, traffic or other key considerations, and has received approval from the District of North Vancouver through to the completion of the West 1St Street work. Advance notification of when extended hours will be in effect will be provided to the community. More information on timelines and remaining work on West 1St Street will be available in the coming weeks.
We appreciate your patience as we complete this work. If you have any questions about the work described in this letter, or to sign up for Project updates, please contact the Project’s Community Liaison Officer at 604-928-7810 or email@example.com.