The following construction activities are taking place for the new North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project:
- Continuing pre-load distribution and placement of pre-load material (sand and gravel) on the site.
- Transportation of pre-load materials off the site to make way for upcoming activities.
- Flaggers and signage will be in place on West 1st Street to direct traffic.
- Sheet piling will be installed in some areas to reinforce the ground prior to excavations to prepare for foundation construction.
- Crews will be using pre-drills to loosen the ground prior to installing sheet piles to reduce noise and vibrations, however, surrounding areas may hear an increase in noise. This activity will be done in phases and will continue through the new year.
- Excavation and concrete pours will follow.
Tower crane installation
- The first tower crane has arrived on site, a second will be installed in early 2020.
- Traffic control will direct deliveries to the site as required.
Current hours of work for the Project follow the District of North Vancouver’s bylaw hours of 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. No work will occur on Sundays or statutory holidays.