The North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project (the Project) is required to survey underground utilities at the intersection of West 1st Street and Philip Avenue. Please see the map below for location. Conducting this work during reduced traffic periods minimizes disruption to the travelling public, improves safety, and increases efficiencies for crews completing this work.
What to expect:
- The District of North Vancouver has approved this work to take place from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Monday, September 23 through Friday, September 27. If required, crews will work the evening of Friday, September 27.
- Crews will access underground utilities by opening a small section of concrete in the driving lane. At the end of each shift, the opening will be covered and, once complete, repaved.
- Hydro-vac trucks are required for this work and will be in operation at the intersection of West 1st Street and Philip Avenue. While in operation, adjacent properties may experience a temporary increase in noise. Where possible, noisier work will be scheduled earlier in the shift.
- Hydro-vac operating times are dependent on utility and environmental conditions and will vary throughout this work.
- Single lane traffic will be maintained, and traffic control personnel and signage will be in place to direct traffic.
- All other Project activities will take place during the District of North Vancouver’s bylaw hours of 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
We appreciate your patience as we complete this work. We will be providing additional updates on general Project activities through our website and email database as the Project progresses. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the work described in this letter, or to sign up for Project updates, please contact the Project’s Community Liaison Officer at 604-928-7810 or email@example.com.