With the completion of stone column installation in May 2018, the Project is now in the final stage of ground improvement activities. This last stage includes pre-load to prepare the ground for the new plant by replicating the future weight of the facility with a large pile of sand and gravel.
The Project received approval from the District of North Vancouver to temporarily extend working hours for pre-load activities only. Specifically, to import barged materials to the site for pre-load and to move the pre-load pile within the site. The extended hours will take place September 17, 2018 to October 13, 2018. This temporary extension for pre-load is required to efficiently and safely complete this work while no other activities are occurring.
What to expect
- This work is similar to the activity on site today. Pre-load has been underway for several months, with minimal disruption to the community.
- Equipment used to transport the pre-load throughout the site, including dozers, front-end loaders and trucks will be equipped with less intrusive broad-band back up alarms to reduce potential noise impacts.
- Pre-load materials will be barged to nearby water access and then transported by truck to the Project site.
- Extended hours will occur Monday to Friday between 8:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. and Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No work will take place on Saturday night or at any time on Sunday.
- Regular project activity is not affected and will continue to take place during District of North Vancouver bylaw hours.
Pre-load deliveries began in early 2018. All materials for pre-load have been barged to nearby water access, which has significantly reduced transportation impacts in the local area.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Project’s Community Liaison Officer at 604-928-7810 (24 hours) or email@example.com.