Notice of Temporary Median Removal – West 1st Street at Pemberton Avenue
A section of the concrete median located in the centre of West 1st Street on the east approach to the intersection of Pemberton Avenue will be temporarily removed and paved (please see the map below). This work is required to minimize traffic pattern changes for the travelling public and adjacent businesses and improve access for construction vehicles as part of the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project.
What to expect:
- Removal of a section of the median and paving will take place the week of July 3, 2018.
- This work will take approximately one day to complete and may be noisy at times as the concrete is removed.
- Once the section of the median is removed, the road will be paved, painted and barriers will be installed to separate the traffic lanes. This will take approximately one day to complete.
- During this time, single lane westbound and eastbound traffic will be maintained. Traffic signage and control personnel will be in place to direct the flow of traffic.
- The median will be fully restored once Project construction is complete.
Please contact our Community Liaison Officer (email@example.com or 604-928-7810) for more information.