West 1st Street Stormwater Utility Relocation Update
The concrete median located at the intersection of West 1st Street and Philip Avenue (see map below) will be temporarily removed and paved to create a temporary lane. The median will be removed the week of August 14 and reinstalled once construction of the new plant is complete.
Utility relocation work to move the stormwater utility off of the Project site and along West 1st Street. Which is scheduled to begin mid–August for approximately eight weeks. This work will take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday to Friday, and if required, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday.
What to Expect
- Single-lane traffic in each direction will be maintained.
- North side of West 1st Street will stay open.
- Temporary closure of the south side of West 1st Street including sidewalk, street parking, and bike lane.
- Motorists and cyclists travelling eastbound along West 1st Street will share the road through the work area (see map on reverse).
- Pedestrians will be directed to use alternate routes, such as the north side of West 1stStreet and Welch Street.
- Traffic control personnel will be on site and signage will be used to safely direct cyclists and motorists.
Construction Site Office
The location of the site office is currently used as a parking lot (see map below). Please be advised that effective August 15, 2017, there will be no parking allowed. This area will be closed for the duration of the Project.
If you have any questions, please contact the Community Liaison Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-928-7810.
- Pemberton Avenue Parking Lot
- Stormwater Utility Relocation Along West 1st Street